We're writing to request that Congress provide continued support for workers as they consider further legislation to address the impact of the pandemic on our workforce.
Raising up all workers is not just about a paycheck or a job; it is about giving everybody that is willing to work hard a fair shot. Below, is an outline of the key tenants of our plan that will RAISE every worker:
- Reskilling workers in COVID-19 impacted jobs and industries, including individuals who have lost their jobs, work in changed environments, and those who are starting new jobs.
- Aligning companies (startups, SMB’s and large enterprises), education providers, public workforce divisions and community organizations to form a network of “Non-traditional Industry Partnerships” that work for all workers.
- Investing in a future of work infrastructure that leverages technology to reach workers – regardless of tenure or job title – with a specific focus on our most vulnerable workers.
- Supporting a worker’s freedom to learn and upskill anytime, anywhere.
- Eliminating discrimination that restricts a worker’s ability to fairly compete, acquire new skills, and access training opportunities.